CANADIAN FIREARMS SAFETY COURSE (CFSC) OR PAL:
Canadian Firearms Safety Course (CFSC)
Canadian Firearms Academy is committed to the preservation of shooting sports and recognizes the challenges that come with it. Therefore, for a limited time without compromising quality and service, we are offering the following
COURSES AT A REDUCED PRICE.
Canadian legislation stipulates that individuals wishing to acquire non-restricted firearms must successfully pass the CFSC, and the tests and exams that accompany it.
PAL Non-Restricted certification is a 1 days course, available at CFA on Saturdays, and taught with adequate time for questions and review, to ensure you are prepared.
Testing consists of a written exam and a practical test. The written exam is made up of 50 questions. 65% of the questions are true or false and the other 45% are multiple choice. The practical test consists of a series of actions that you will be asked to perform in order to demonstrate safe handling of firearms in different scenarios.
There is a 1-hour time limit for the written exam. You must get 80% or better on both components of the course to successfully pass and be able to apply for a non-restricted license.
Topics covered in the CFSC include:
- The evolution of firearms, major parts, types and actions
- Basic firearms safety practices and ammunition types
- Firearm action types and their operations
- Safe handling and carry procedures
- Operating firearm actions
- Firing techniques and procedures
- Care of non-restricted firearms
- Responsibilities of the firearms owner/user
- Safe storage, display, transportation and handling, of non-restricted firearms